M.A.T. is celebrating 20 years of adventuring with youth & exploring the Idaho wilderness.
WHO WE ARE
Mountain Adventure Tours is Idaho's premiere outdoor adventure education camp run by Idaho BaseCamp.
M.A.T. teaches personal responsibility and life skills through entertaining outdoor and wilderness activities, and helps foster respect for our environment.
We proudly embody the philosophy of Enviro-tainment in an effort to improve the quality of life for all who choose to live the Mountain Adventure.
WHAT WE DO
M.A.T. runs over 40 camps every summer from our home base in Ketchum, Idaho. Each camp has an individual theme and runs Monday thru Thursday, from 10am-4pm. There is usually one overnight stay a week at our wilderness retreat along the Big Lost River.
The experiential method of teaching people important values and life skills through the use of entertaining activities within our environment, wilderness and community.
- The idea that we as human beings choose, instigate, or otherwise cause their own actions. Being involved in a group adventure dynamic our actions are magnified.
- The ability to do something that frightens one, strength in the face of challenge. With safety support, Mother Nature will challenge our participants on a daily basis.
Respect For All
A feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements. From our peers to leaders, to the natural world, IBC fosters the growth of this value.
We are Committed to:
- Lead by example. Let them interact with current leaders. We educate and train our old campers in a Counselor In Training (CIT) program.
Individual and Community Development
- Campers have the opportunity for mindfulness everyday of our program which leads to a better sense of self.
- Through local tours the kids learn about the inner workings of businesses and how they affect the surrounding community.
- By playing and working in the natural world we educate children about our environment by taking an active role in using, preserving, and restoring the wild that surrounds us.